Shakhtar will seek €50m of damages from FIFA

Added at:
another languages: uk ru

According to The Athletic, Shakhtar Donetsk are seeking €50 million worth of damages from football’s world governing body and the club has filed papers in the Court of Arbitration for Sport appealing against a ruling by FIFA that allows foreign players to unilaterally suspend their contracts in the war-torn country.

Shakhtar filed the documents to Matthieu Reeb, the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) director general in Switzerland, in July. As such, Shakhtar are now gearing up for a remarkable £42.6 million ($50.5m) legal battle with FIFA.

The dispute rests on a FIFA ruling announced on June 21 that stated foreign players and coaches have the right to suspend their employment contracts with Ukrainian clubs until June 30, 2023, unless a mutual agreement could be struck between a player or coach and their club by June 30 this year.

Shakhtar CEO Palkin has explained in detail how player sales worth tens of millions of euros to Shakhtar collapsed within 48 hours of the ruling. He also says Infantino has failed to personally respond to more than one letter addressed to him on the matter and that FIFA misled the public when it claimed to The Athletic previously that it had consulted “key football stakeholders in Ukraine” before the ruling.

When asked to explain how Ukrainian football has been made to feel by the ruling, Palkin said: “Everyone believes we are one football family. This decision just crossed out this slogan. We are not one football family because nobody cares about Ukrainian clubs. This is a very big pity. FIFA does not care about us.”

another languages: uk ru

NewsRSS - News - Terrikon

22 August

18:49
Lando Norris Takes Pole for Dutch Grand Prix at Zandvoort
17:24
Bayer Leverkusen Cruise Past Wehen in DFB-Pokal Opener
17:09
Hull City stun Manchester United in Premier League Opener
09:32
Manchester United agree £70m Deal For Brighton Midfielder Carlos Baleba
09:01
German Cup: Stuttgart Cruise Past Hansa as Frankfurt Score 11
00:26
Betis Begin La Liga Campaign With Narrow Win Over Real Sociedad
00:08
Arsenal Begin Premier League Title Defence With Comfortable Win Over Coventry

21 August

23:57
Marseille Make Flying Start With 4-0 Win Over Strasbourg
23:05
Curtis Jones officially joins Inter Milan
21:12
Thomas Partey Begins New Chapter With Al-Shabab in Saudi Pro League
18:12
Official: Shakhtar to Play Champions League Home Games at Stamford Bridge
17:41
Leandro Paredes Handed 10-Match Ban for World Cup Final Clash
13:24
Lamine Yamal Overtakes Rodri in Ballon d'Or 2026 Rankings
08:36
Conference League 2026/27: All Thursday Results
08:18
Europa League 2026/27: All Thursday Results

20 August

13:34
Lionel Messi Scores First Goal Since Father’s Death
11:48
Who Has Already Qualified for the 2026/27 Champions League?

19 August

00:04
Fenerbahce and Lyon play out thrilling draw in Istanbul

18 August

22:12
Alarm in Munich: Jamal Musiala Collapses Twice in Three Days
21:40
Barcelona Officially Confirm Rodri Signing from Manchester City
18:00
Sorry, Trubin: Juventus Sign Vicario on Loan With €8m Buy Option
00:34
Benfica Run Riot at Casa Pia as Pavlidis Hits Hat-Trick

17 August

00:43
Historic Lens Triumph as PSG Suffer French Super Cup Defeat

16 August

23:34
Rodri Set to Return to Spain as Barcelona Agree €65m Deal with Man City
22:02
Real Madrid Cruise Past Schalke as Lunin and Voloshyn Both Feature